Tuesday, September 11, 2012

THE LAST KAMPONG.











Visited 'Kampong Lorong' - the last kampong  in Singapore.
Buried deep in the ends of Buangkok lane, with forest like trails, lays Kampong Lorong. We were greeted with a quiet yet peaceful kampong (village). Villagers fixing their cars, straightening their lawns. Children cycling on the dirty trails, with laughter and thrills. The simplicity and pureness of this village brings me back to the past Singapore. Flashbacks of the stories i heard as a child of the past village lives of my parents and relatives. I heard the noise, smelled the dirty soil, saw the bustling village with stalls at every corner and the children, running around. I visualized everything this village has given me. 

The last kampong indeed.



x, Kylie.

No comments:

Post a Comment